You know how you used to tell the whole class what you did during your summer break? Well, now that I’m a *cough* grown-up and work full time, thus disqualifying me for a summer vacation, does not mean that I can’t still wish for some things to happen during this season. In random order, and fully aware of the improbability of a few*, here are my top 13**:
1. See Kings of Leon live. Preferably outdoors. And dance like a rockstar to “Use Somebody.”
2. Swim in the ocean. I know it’s basic, but you’d be surprised how easy it is for summer to pass without this happening. And once I get in, I always love it.
3. Go to the Hollywood Bowl with either a) cute, funny, and attentive boy, or b) group of fun friends and definitely with c) lots of amazing cheese and wine.
4. Travel to Sweden for Matilda and Rickard’s wedding, and for the Midsummer’s celebration.
5. Hike. Frequently.
6. Go sailing. (I’ve never been. I know!)
7. Griffith Observatory. This one depends on the company.
8. Watch the sunset over the ocean and have a bonfire, complete with s’mores. (Oh, and if we do carne asada like the good old LPC days, so much the better).
9. Go to a Dodger game, hopefully on a fireworks night.
10. Go back to Berlin. And Paris. And Norway. And London. ….and pretty much do a whole other European tour.
11. Disneyland. This must be rounded off with a waffle cone from the ice cream shop on Main Street.
12. Wear a LOT of really cute summer dresses.
13. Have a memorable (in a good way) 25th birthday. *cough* July 3rd
*I have no problem with friends attempting to make some of the items on this list happen.
** This list may get longer. Deal with it.