Did you know Esther had to go through 6 months of beauty treatments before being presented to King Xerxes? Well, in about 6 weeks I’m going to present myself to family and friends after not seeing them for 3 months. I will be in a dress, standing in front of people, and posing for lots of pictures. Thankfully, my sister will be getting 99.9% of the attention (she IS the bride, after all). But I still think I need to go through about 6 weeks of my own beauty treatment so I can feel cute and not worry that people will think, “So THAT’S what happens when you move to Europe…” (in a bad way).
Here’s my list:
1) Tone up with my own personal combination of running, Pilates, free weights, and Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred DVD.
2) Whiten my teeth using Crest White Strips (thanks for including those in the care package, Marmee)
3) Hope that the porcelain complexion most Norwegian women have will end up positively influencing my rebellious skin
4) Save up money for a Mystic Tan when I get back to the States (I’m only half-kidding)
5) Find a date so that during the slow dances at the reception I don’t completely fit the bill of Single Missionary Woman. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m just saying…